Albany house fire caused by hot stove - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Albany house fire caused by hot stove

(Source: WALB) (Source: WALB)
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

The Albany Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 1300 block of East 1st Avenue, about 7:45 Thursday morning.

Unattended cooking is the reason for the fire. Someone put a pot of beans on the stove, and left them overnight.

This is the cause of many fires in Albany over the last several years.

The Battalion Chief says two people are displaced after the fire. The Flint River Red Cross has been notified.

The fire was out by 8:30AM.

Copyright 2016 WALB.  All rights reserved.   

Powered by Frankly