ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An Albany man is charged with burglarizing an East Albany storage unit.
Investigators said he made a big mistake when he set the storage unit on fire before he could steal the items.
Bobby Watson, 39, was arrested last night by Albany Fire Department Investigators.
He's charged with burglary and criminal damage to property.
Investigators said Watson did more than $60,000 in damage when five storage units at Malone's Storage on Radium Springs Road burned last week.
Investigators say surveillance video caught Watson in the act... breaking into a unit and accidentally starting the fire.
"He had broken into the storage unit and he was smoking. And he knocked the fire off his cigarette, and thus set the unit on fire," said Albany Fire Department investigator, Sam Harris.
Watson is being held without bond tonight at the Dougherty County Jail.