THOMASVILLE, GA (WALB) - Thomasville firefighters responded to a fire early Tuesday morning.
It happened at the Parole and probation office on West Jackson Street.
Fire units responded between 5 and 6 a.m.
An exact time has not yet been reported.
According to the Fire Marshall Tim Connell, there was extensive fire and smoke damage to the building.
Investigators said an electrical problem on the roof of the building.
"He determined that it was an electrical short in the wiring system that started the fire. I'm not sure on the damage but I know it was a huge loss," said Connell.
A total of 14 or 15 firefighters responded to the scene.
No injures were reported and no one was in the building at the time.