Albany house catches fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Albany house catches fire

The fire may have been electrical (Source: WALB) The fire may have been electrical (Source: WALB)
(Source: WALB) (Source: WALB)
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A house on Gleneagles Drive, just south of Gordon Avenue, caught fire Tuesday about noon.

The fire started at a house in the 200 block of the street, in what appears to be a utility room at the back of the house

Officials believe the water heater shorted, and power arced to the transformer. The resident and two dogs got out safely, but a pet cat died of smoke inhalation.

About $40,000 of damage was done to the home.

The homeowner will be displaced while electrical repairs are made.

Copyright 2016 WALB.  All rights reserved.   

Powered by Frankly