Unattended candle causes Valdosta kitchen fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Unattended candle causes Valdosta kitchen fire

Damage from the fire was contained to the kitchen (Source: WALB) Damage from the fire was contained to the kitchen (Source: WALB)
VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) -

One person is displaced after a house fire in Valdosta.

Crews saw flames coming from the kitchen when they arrived at a home on Floyd Street around 7:40 p.m. October 8th. 

Firefighters put it out quickly and said most of the damage was contained to the kitchen.

Investigators said an unattended candle started the fire.

Copyright 2016 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly