Electrical problem deemed cause of Duitman Rd. fire

Electrical problem deemed cause of Duitman Rd. fire
The fire caused at least $30,000 in damage to the home. (Source: WALB)
The fire caused at least $30,000 in damage to the home. (Source: WALB)
It started in a bedroom just before 3:30 in the afternoon. (Source: WALB)
It started in a bedroom just before 3:30 in the afternoon. (Source: WALB)

DOUGHERTY CO., GA (WALB) - Fire investigators have determined that a fire that heavily damaged a Dougherty County home was started by an electrical problem.

A fire caused at least $30,000 in damage to a home on Duitman Road, not far from the Marine Base.

It started in a bedroom just before 3:30 in the afternoon on Monday, when no one was home.

Investigators said that a problem in the electrical outlet in the bedroom started the blaze.

Copyright 2016 WALB. All rights reserved.