Fire damages Cordele Road home - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fire damages Cordele Road home

The Albany Fire Department responded to a fire call at 1301 Cordele Road at 6:49 Wednesday morning. (Source: WALB) The Albany Fire Department responded to a fire call at 1301 Cordele Road at 6:49 Wednesday morning. (Source: WALB)
Investigators determined that an eye on the stove had been left on high, eventually overheating and starting the fire. (Source: WALB) Investigators determined that an eye on the stove had been left on high, eventually overheating and starting the fire. (Source: WALB)
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

The Albany Fire Department responded to a fire call at 1301 Cordele Road at 6:49 Wednesday morning.

AFD Captain Ken Turner said the caller reported smoke in the area.

When AFD arrived,  there was no one inside the house, but the fire caused a  "Considerable"amount of damage."

Owner Ruby Allen said she had not been home since Sunday.

Investigators determined that an eye on the stove had been left on high, eventually overheating and starting the fire.

Allen is displaced for now due to more than $100,000 in water and smoke damage.

Copyright 2016 WALB.  All rights reserved.   

Powered by Frankly