ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Fall starts Thursday and the Red Cross needs your help to restock the blood supply for the season.
On Tuesday, students at Westover High School and other volunteers donated blood.
Red Cross is in desperate need following a summer shortage.
The non-profit was down 10,000 donations in the first week of September from what is needed to replenish the necessary blood supply.
"Our blood situation right now is low. The reason it's low is because you have people traveling during vacations," said Team Supervisor Tracy McCrary. "And we just ask anybody, due to your busy schedule, we welcome you to come out if you see any locations where the Red Cross is available. Please ma'am, please sir, please come out and donate."
If you'd like to donate blood, here is a list of the upcoming blood drives:
- September 20: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Westover High School, 2600 Partridge Lane, Albany
- September 20: 12 - 6 p.m., Tifton Methodist Church, 107 West 12th St., Tifton
- September 21: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Darton College Student Center, 2400 Gillionville Road, Albany
- September 23: 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Cook County High School, 9900 Highway 37, Adel
- September27: 12 - 5 p.m., Porterfield Methodist Church, 2200 Dawson Road, Albany
- September 30: 3 - 7 p.m., Margaret Jones Library, 205 East Pope St., Sylvester
- October 3: 3 - 7 p.m., Northside Baptist Church of Tifton, 4605 Murray Ave., Tifton
- October 6: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Porterfield Methodist Church, 2200 Dawson Road, Albany
- October 10: 1 - 6 p.m., First Baptist Church, 402 S. Merrimac Drive, Fitzgerald
- October 11: 1 - 6 p.m., Cordele Community Clubhouse, 108 15th Ave., Cordele
- October 12: 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., University of Georgia Rural Development Center, 2802 Moore Highway, Tifton
- October 13: 1 - 7 p.m., Colquitt County Community, 1915 GA Highway 37E, Moultrie
- October 13: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital, 417 Third Ave., Albany