ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Firefighters said that all the residents of Hudson Malone Towers have returned to their apartments, except for the resident where Sunday morning's fire started.
They were all evacuated without injury or problem.
Firefighters said a fifth floor resident forgot food cooking inside her oven which started the fire.
There is a large number of people living in the building, including physically handicapped,.
Firefighters are asking Malone Tower residents to practice safe cooking.
"It is important to pay attention when you are cooking. What's going on. Because with this type apartment, apartment building, there is a lot of residents," said Asst. Chief Rubin Jordan with the Albany Fire Department.
One Albany Firefighter was treated for being overheated while fighting the Malone Towers fire and helping evacuate all the residents.
That firefighter quickly recovered and is not expected to miss any work.