(WALB) - Eligible donors are being asked to give blood for patients with Sickle Cell.
September is National Sickle Cell Awareness Month and the Red Cross wants to ensure there's a stable and diverse supply for patients in need.
There are several donation opportunities coming up around south Georgia:
- September 20: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Westover High School, 2600 Partridge Lane, Albany
- September 20: 12 - 6 p.m., Tifton Methodist Church, 107 West 12th St., Tifton
- September 21: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Darton College, 2400 Gillionville Road, Albany
- September 23: 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Cook County High School, 9900 Highway 37, Adel
- September 27: 12 - 5 p.m., Porterfield Methodist Church, 2200 Dawson Road, Albany
- September 30: 3 - 7 p.m., Margaret Jones Library, 205 East Pope St., Sylvester