ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A five year old Dougherty County boy remains hospitalized Sunday at the Pediatric Intensive Care unit in Macon after he overdosed on sleeping pills Saturday afternoon.
Police say 5 year old Hyderia Knight took between 5 to 10 sleeping pills made to treat children with A.D.H.D. at his home on Holly Drive.
First responders were called to the home yesterday about 3:30 when other children in the home noticed something was wrong with him.
Police say the family was in the process of moving, when the child found the pills in a bottle in a suitcase in the closet.
Knight is in the intensive care unit of the Pediatric Unit of Navicent Health Hospital, after being transferred there Saturday night.
Police say their investigation into the overdose is ongoing.