CORDELE, GA (WALB) - A fire at the Norbord factory in Cordele is now out.
Crisp County firefighters responded around 6:30 on Thursday evening and found a press machine on fire.
Fire officials said there were no injuries.
Fire Chief Jonathan Windham said lightning struck the building, later sparking the fire.
Windham said it took an hour and a half to extinguish the flames.
"Norbord has a great fire crew here and they got started prior to us arriving and between them and us we were able to knock it pretty quickly," said Windham.
Norbord, Inc. produces wood.
Fire officials said the wood in the presser was the only thing damaged.
The machine is operable and Norbord workers will resume normal duties as soon as everything is cleaned up.