Fire near propane tank burns sheds - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fire near propane tank burns sheds

The fire burned the shed (Source: Sumter Co. Fire and Rescue) The fire burned the shed (Source: Sumter Co. Fire and Rescue)
(Source: Sumter Co. Fire and Rescue) (Source: Sumter Co. Fire and Rescue)
Battalion Chief James Hart (Source: WALB) Battalion Chief James Hart (Source: WALB)
SUMTER CO., GA (WALB) -

Firefighters said a fire completely burned two sheds and nearly another shed and a home over the weekend.

It's unclear how the fire started at the home on Joe Harper Road extension. The neighborhood and home were evacuated because the fire was near a propane tank.

Firefighters have advice if this happens to you.

“Evacuate the area as quick as possible. Call the fire department. There's no sure way to put out a propane fire other than to cool the tank to lower the pressure of the tank,” said Sumter County Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief James Hart.

Hart said the homeowner was fighting that fire with a hose. Luckily, no one was injured.

Copyright 2016 WALB. All rights reserved.  

Powered by Frankly