Forgotten lunch turns into blazing fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Forgotten lunch turns into blazing fire

Firefighters said a woman got distracted while frying fish on her stove in the 1500 block of Whiting Drive around noon. (Source: WALB) Firefighters said a woman got distracted while frying fish on her stove in the 1500 block of Whiting Drive around noon. (Source: WALB)
Firefighters said the fire damaged the stove and cabinets, but they were able to keep it from spreading. (Source: WALB) Firefighters said the fire damaged the stove and cabinets, but they were able to keep it from spreading. (Source: WALB)
"It happens just about everyday, it seems like. We just want to make sure people remember, when they are cooking they need to stay with it. They need to be in control of it," said Battalion Chief Kelly Harcrow. (Source: WALB) "It happens just about everyday, it seems like. We just want to make sure people remember, when they are cooking they need to stay with it. They need to be in control of it," said Battalion Chief Kelly Harcrow. (Source: WALB)
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Firefighters said a woman got distracted while frying fish on her stove in the 1500 block of Whiting Drive around noon.

She forgot the food until the kitchen was engulfed in flames.

Firefighters said the fire damaged the stove and cabinets, but they were able to keep it from spreading.

"It happens just about everyday, it seems like. We just want to make sure people remember, when they are cooking they need to stay with it. They need to be in control of it," said Battalion Chief Kelly Harcrow.

Firefighters said if you do leave the kitchen while you are cooking, keep a spoon or a hot pad in your hand to remind you.

Copyright 2016 WALB.  All rights reserved.   

Powered by Frankly