Deadly Thomas County fire ruled accidental - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Deadly Thomas County fire ruled accidental

(Source: WALB) (Source: WALB)
COOLIDGE, GA (WALB) -

According to officials, a Thomas County fire that killed two people on Monday has been determined to have been accidental.

MORE: Couple identified in fatal Thomas County fire

Marvin and Dolly Patterson were killed in fire at their home in the 200 block of Wade Chastain Road in Coolidge, Ga.

Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said that the fire was caused by careless smoking.

The investigation revealed that improper use of smoking materials used around home oxygen equipment caused the blaze.

Copyright 2016 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly