ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An Albany firefighter is credited with saving another firefighter from choking.
It happened while they were eating dinner at the fire station.
Tuesday evening Dewayne Arnett was eating pork loin in the Station One dining room .
He got food lodged in his throat and was not able to breathe.
Relief Driver Tawanna Maples performed the Heimlich maneuver on him, dislodging the food.
Maples said their annual CPR training made the difference.
"I was able to remember those techniques that I was trained for," said Maples.
The Albany Fire Department teaches CPR training,
It can help you or an organization line up a class to learn CPR and the Heimlich maneuver.
Call 431-3266 to learn more.