Teen burned in kitchen fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Teen burned in kitchen fire

(WALB image) (WALB image)
Rubin Jordan (WALB image) Rubin Jordan (WALB image)
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A South Albany teen is recovering from burns following a kitchen fire Thursday morning.

 Firefighters say food left unattended cooking on the stove caused the fire about 4:00 this morning at a home in the 400 block of Wadkins Avenue. The fire damaged the kitchen and burned the ceiling and the attic.

"We had a 17 year old that tried to put it out. His foot got a little, minor burn to it.  His foot. He was not transported by Dougherty County EMS to the hospital," said Assistant Chief Rubin Jordan.

Firefighters say food left cooking on the stove is one of the leading causes of fires in Albany.    

They urge you to stay in the kitchen when you're cooking, especially late at night and early in the morning.

Copyright 2016 WALB.  All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly