Albany family displaced by house fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Albany family displaced by house fire

A dryer may have led to an Albany house fire. (Source: WALB) A dryer may have led to an Albany house fire. (Source: WALB)
The laundry room was damaged and there was heavy smoke throughout the house.  (Source: WALB) The laundry room was damaged and there was heavy smoke throughout the house.  (Source: WALB)
Firefighters pulled out a dryer where the fire may have started. (Source: WALB) Firefighters pulled out a dryer where the fire may have started. (Source: WALB)
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Firefighters responded to the scene of a fire at a home in the 1800 block of Gillionville Road just before 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters pulled out a dryer where the fire may have started.

The laundry room was damaged and there was heavy smoke throughout the house. 

The family of three that lived there has been displaced. The Red Cross has stepped in to help provide temporary shelter for the family.

Copyright 2016 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly