ALBANY, GA (WALB) - More huge equipment is about to be trucked through south Georgia, disrupting traffic.
A couple of weeks ago, two super loads made arrived at Albany's Procter and Gamble plant after a long trip from the Port of Brunswick. The machinery is part of a new biomass power plant being built at P&G.
Three more oversized loads will begin the same trip Thursday. Once they arrive, three other super-sized will later be trucked from Brunswick to the Albany plant.
The trucks are scheduled to leave the Port of Brunswick at 9 a.m. (load one), 9:30 a.m. (load two) and 10 a.m. (load three) Thursday. Travel time is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Depending on traffic conditions, the convoy may reach Albany on Thursday; if not, it is expected to arrive Friday.
- Joe Frank Harris Boulevard South
- U.S. 17 East
- U.S. 17
- North State Route 25 Spur North
- Interstate 95 South
- U.S. 341/SR 27 North
- U.S. 301/SR 23 South to Nahunta
- U.S. 82/SR 520 West to Hoboken
- SR 15 South
- U.S 1/SR 4 North to Waycross
- U.S. 82/SR 520 West Ridge Avenue North, Tifton
- Second Street West, Tifton
- I-75 South, Tifton
- Exit 62 to U.S. 82 West
- Mock Road South, Albany
- SR 133 West, Albany
- Arrive at P&G construction gate off Liberty Expressway