ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Georgia Southwestern's Ethan Chamineak won the 2016 Hurricane Invitational Tuesday afternoon finishing 1-under. North Georgia won in the team standings.
Chamineak came into the final round 2 strokes behind Darton State's Finlay Mason.
The junior golfer shot a 72 on the third round this afternoon.
Mason shot in the same group as Chamineak, but finished second after shooting a 79--by far his worst round of the tournament.
Mason would finish 4-over. As for Chamineak, this is his 3rd career win and first in a hurricane uniform.
He said playing in the same group as a competitor like Mason helped.
"I knew coming into it that if I could beat him I'd have a pretty good shot," said Chamineak. "Because he was the only one I really knew about coming into here that's got a record of winning."
Chamineak will try to notch his 4th career victory at the Peach Belt Conference tournament which is less than 10 days away.
Team final standings:
1. North Georgia 895 +31
2. Georgia Southwestern 901 +37
3. Belmont Abbey College 908 +44
4. Darton State College 909 +45
5. Emmanuel College GA 932 +68
6. Abraham Baldwin College 938 +74
7. Bob Jones University 961 +97
8. Belmont Abbey College (C) 964 +100
9. Belmont Abbey College (B) 982 +118
Individual final standings: