ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Albany firefighters worked quickly to out out a fire that was reported about 10:40 Friday night at Albany Homes Complex on East Road.
The fire started in the front bedroom in apartment B.
By Monday, they determined that the cause of the fire was a candle that caught surrounding material on fire.
No one was in the apartment at the time. Officials say that the tenant had not gotten the power turned on yet.
It took firefighters about 8 to 10 minutes to extinguish the blaze.
The fire caused about $25,000 worth of damage.