UPDATE: Fire officials discover cause of apartment blaze - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

UPDATE: Fire officials discover cause of apartment blaze

Firefighters investigate apartment fire (Source: WALB) Firefighters investigate apartment fire (Source: WALB)
Firefighters investigate apartment fire (Source: WALB) Firefighters investigate apartment fire (Source: WALB)
Firefighters investigate apartment fire (Source: WALB) Firefighters investigate apartment fire (Source: WALB)
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Albany firefighters worked quickly to out out a fire that was reported about 10:40 Friday night at Albany Homes Complex on East Road.

 The fire started in the front bedroom in apartment B.

By Monday, they determined that the cause of the fire was a candle that caught surrounding material on fire.

No one was in the apartment at the time. Officials say that the tenant had not gotten the power turned on yet.

It took firefighters about 8 to 10 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

The fire caused about $25,000 worth of damage.

Copyright 2016 WALB.  All rights reserved.

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Couple receives 2017 Tree Stewardship Award

    Couple receives 2017 Tree Stewardship Award

    Monday, July 24 2017 4:37 PM EDT2017-07-24 20:37:43 GMT
    The Strom couple received the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award. (Source: WALB)The Strom couple received the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award. (Source: WALB)

    An Albany couple is receiving praise for bringing life to their plantation through nature. Keep Albany Dougherty Beautiful and the Albany Tree Board presented Kay and Walter Strom with the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award on Monday.  

    More >>

    An Albany couple is receiving praise for bringing life to their plantation through nature. Keep Albany Dougherty Beautiful and the Albany Tree Board presented Kay and Walter Strom with the 2017 Tree Stewardship Award on Monday.  

    More >>
  • Call for foster parents, orientation Tuesday

    Call for foster parents, orientation Tuesday

    Monday, July 24 2017 4:26 PM EDT2017-07-24 20:26:50 GMT
    Now is the time to attend a foster parent orientation. (Source: WALB)Now is the time to attend a foster parent orientation. (Source: WALB)

    The number of foster children in South Georgia is sky high, but the number of foster parents is not. The Lutheran Services of Georgia are helping foster parents get started.  

    More >>

    The number of foster children in South Georgia is sky high, but the number of foster parents is not. The Lutheran Services of Georgia are helping foster parents get started.  

    More >>
  • Grill lighter cause of Ramsey Road fire

    Grill lighter cause of Ramsey Road fire

    Monday, July 24 2017 3:48 PM EDT2017-07-24 19:48:41 GMT
    Officials said the fire started in the bedroom of the home. (Source: WALB)Officials said the fire started in the bedroom of the home. (Source: WALB)

    A young boy is believed to have started a fire on Ramsey Road. According to the incident report from the Albany Fire Department, the fire started in the bedroom.

    More >>

    A young boy is believed to have started a fire on Ramsey Road. According to the incident report from the Albany Fire Department, the fire started in the bedroom.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly