ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A west Albany family is thankful their home isn't completely gone after a house fire Saturday night. The blaze started in the house on the 1900 block of West Lincoln street at about 7 p.m.
A neighbor says he called 911 after what he thought was fog turned out to be his neighbors house on fire.
Firefighters quickly responded and extinguished the fire.
"I was being there to help them because they're my next door neighbors...know what I'm saying? And I love them just the way they love me. I've known them and I like to take care of them like they take care of me. I'm sad this happened to them," said neighbor Charlie Green.
The family is staying at a relative's house while the damage is assessed.