ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Albany Firefighters warn you to watch for people going in and out of vacant homes, after an East Albany house in the 1500 block of Henri Avenue was destroyed Monday night.
Investigators say it was started by vagrants who apparently had been sleeping there for several weeks, though the house had no power.
"They still have to cook. Therefore they have to find other ways. They still smoke, therefore there is no ashtray. They still need light, they use candles," said Investigator Sam Harris of the Albany Fire Department.
Investigators say the fire in this house was started on a bed.
Firefighters urge you to call 911 if you see people living in a vacant home, and let police check it out.