Kitchen fire causes thousands of dollars in damage - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Kitchen fire causes thousands of dollars in damage

VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) -

Unattended food caused around $10,000 worth of damage in a fire Sunday afternoon.

Valdosta firefighters responded to the fire at about 3 p.m. on the 3600 block of Bell Haven Drive.

The fire started from unattended food cooking in the kitchen.

Crews had the blaze under control in about ten minutes.

Nearly 20 percent of the house was severely damaged, with about 10 percent of smoke and heat damage. 

One occupant was displaced as a result of the fire.

Copyright 2016 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly