Avalon house fire started in trash can - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Avalon house fire started in trash can

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Investigators say a fire that heavily damaged a South Albany home Wednesday  night started apparently started in a trash can.

Firefighters say Jaynan Coleman and her family were in the home in the 1300 block of Avalon Avenue when the fire broke out about 7:25.
The family escaped and called 9-1-1.  

Firefighters say flames were shooting out of the kitchen window when they arrived.

Investigator Sam Harris said "Upon further investigation we determined that it was a trash can located between an air conditioner unit and a refrigerator."
 

The investigation into what sparked the trash can is ongoing.  
The damage to the home and contents was estimated at $6000.

. Copyright 2016  WALB.  All rights reserved         

Powered by Frankly