Crews battle kitchen fire at Albany residence - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Crews battle kitchen fire at Albany residence

Crews responded to a fire in the 500 block of Cedar Avenue Sunday afternoon. Source: Ashante Jackson Crews responded to a fire in the 500 block of Cedar Avenue Sunday afternoon. Source: Ashante Jackson
The fire has been put out. Source: Ashante Jackson The fire has been put out. Source: Ashante Jackson
Nathaniel Smith Nathaniel Smith
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Firefighters responded to a fire in Albany Sunday afternoon.

According to the Albany Fire Department, crews received the call around 1:10 p.m.

Officials said that the fire originated in the kitchen and appears to have started from a space heater. 

Crews were able to put out the fire quickly.

The fire damage was limited to the kitchen area of the home but there was some smoke damage to other parts of the house.

The residents of the home were at church at the time of the fire and nobody was injured.

"Church members were coming one by one letting me know, 'don't worry. Things going to be taken care of.' And telling me everything is going to be alright. And I knew then Jesus had already started His miracle," said Nathaniel Smith, a resident of the home.

Officials said that the residents will temporarily be out of the home because the power had to be cut to the house.

Copyright 2016 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly