Family displaced after fire on Gordon Ave - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Family displaced after fire on Gordon Ave

A family of 7 was displaced A family of 7 was displaced
The blaze started in the kitchen The blaze started in the kitchen
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A family of seven was displaced after a house fire early Saturday morning. Albany firefighters responded to the fire around 12:35 a.m. in the 1400 block of West Gordon Avenue.

According to a report, no members of the family were at home at the time.

Further investigation found that the blaze started in the kitchen from unattended food on the stove. 

It took firefighters about eight minutes to put out the blaze. About $1,500 in damage was done to the home.

The family has been contacted by the Red Cross for assistance. No firefighters were injured during the fire.

Copyright 2016 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly