CRISP CO., GA (WALB) - The Wilcox County Sheriff's Office arrested the person suspected of stealing several weapons from a home on Tippetville Road last July.
According to a report, officials arrested 34-year-old Kenneth Carter Wednesday for burglary.
In July of last year, Jason Harvey left his home for about an hour. While Harvey was out, someone coming from the direction of Five Points drove across his yard to the back of the residence. The criminal broke in and stole several items that included:
- A .270 caliber bolt action rifle with scope
- A .243 caliber bolt action rifle with scope
- An 870 Remington pump action 12 gauge shotgun
- A BALKI over/under 12 gauge shotgun
- A Remington, Youth, 20 gauge pump shotgun
- A GAMO, Air Pellet rifle, dark green, with scope
- A CVA, .50 Caliber, muzzle loader, with Optimum Scope
- A 60 Inch Vizio Television.
The Wilcox County Sheriff's Office discovered that there had been similar burglaries in Crisp County and compared the evidence in those cases.
Working with the Crisp County Sheriff's Office, investigators in Wilcox County were able to match the evidence to Carter.
None of the stolen items have been have been recovered.
Carter is currently being held in Crisp County.
If anyone has bought any televisions or firearms from Carter, they are asked to contact their local Sheriff's Office.