Unattended food on a stove cited as fire cause - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Unattended food on a stove cited as fire cause

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

An East Albany home sustained smoke and fire damage due to a kitchen fire, when food was left cooking, unattended.

Firefighters were called to the home in the 2900 block of Sylvester Road about  6:30 Tuesday night. 

50 year old Jennifer Brown told firefighters she had walked across the street, forgetting food left cooking on the stove.

The kitchen sustained about $7,000 in fire damage, and the entire home had smoke damage. No one was injured.
 

Copyright 2016 WALB.  All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly