Gas leak causes two to evacuate - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Gas leak causes two to evacuate

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A gas crew was called to an East Albany mobile home park after two people were overcome by gas fumes, and had to be taken to the hospital for medical treatment.

The pair, identified as Wade Brady and Crystal Lamb, live in a home at Penny Lane Mobile Home Park, and the incident happened about 7:00 Monday morning.

"We are in the cold season now. Appliances, both electric and gas appliances, haven't been used in a while.  So they need to get them checked," said  Assistant Fire Chief Rubin Jordan.

Lamb is listed in good condition at the hospital. No information is being released on Brady.
    
Firefighters remind that natural gas has a strong odor of rotten eggs and urge you to have your heaters checked.

The leak was detected near a heater inside the home. No other homes were affected by the leak that appeared to be only inside that dwelling.

The utilities were cut off to the home. Temperatures in Albany dropped to about 30 degrees Monday morning.

Copyright 2016 WALB.  All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly