Albany family forced to move after house fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Albany family forced to move after house fire

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

The Albany Fire Department responded to a house fire on the 500 Block of Bobbit Drive around 2 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen and caused damage to cabinet and the stove vent. 

The smoke even reached the attic, causing nearly $2,000 worth of damage to the home. 

The family only recently moved to Albany. They are now working with the American Red Cross to find a temporary home after their kitchen caught fire.

Copyright 2016 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly