ADEL, GA (WALB) - Folks in Adel are back in their homes after a fire at a propane company forced them to evacuate Tuesday morning.
Four tanks caught on fire at Advanced Cylinder and Tank, a company that rebuilds propane tanks.
Adel firefighters say one of the tanks had a loose connection which released gas, leading to the fire. Firefighters say they responded quickly and prevented a potential explosion.
"It can be real bad at this particular place, cause there's so many tanks in that area. I mean you have a blow out, it will go half a mile to a mile, so we had to evacuate around the area. We had to cut two streets off until we had the fire under control," said Adel Fire Chief
Chief Jimmy Walker.
Firefighters say they were able to extinguish the fire before it spread. No one was hurt..