Vascular Surgery is a specialty, which focuses on the treatment of peripheral arterial and venous diseases.
The conditions treated include:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Carotid Artery Occlusive Disease
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease
Vascular surgeons are broadly trained in the diagnosis, medical management, critical care, surgical and endovascular techniques for the treatment of these conditions. Vascular surgeons have generally completed 5 years of general surgical training and an additional 1 to 2 years of fellowship training in vascular disease.