ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A kitchen fire displaced an East Albany family from their home.
The Albany Fire Department was called to a home in the 400 block of Rosser Lane just before 9:00 Monday night.
Firefighters say a cooking fire burned the stove and the kitchen cabinets and caused a great deal of smoke damage throughout the home.
Sarah Henderson was home when the fire broke out.
Firefighters say she reported she would stay with family until the home can be re-occupied.
Copyright 2015 WALB. All rights reserved.