Garage fire blamed on electrical short - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Garage fire blamed on electrical short

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Fire investigators have determined that an electrical short was the cause of a fire that heavily damaged a South Albany woman's home and three cars.

Albany Fire Investigators determined that an electrical short in the garage door opener sparked the Friday night blaze in Cora Willliam's home.  Neighbors woke her, so no one was hurt.  But her home sustained heavy fire and smoke damage from the blaze.

Firefighters say people should watch and maintain older appliances.
Investigator Sam Harris said "Yes, people should check to make sure that things are not malfunctioning."

Williams has insurance and is staying with family while her home is repaired.
 

Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly