VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) - Three people in Valdosta were displaced after a kitchen fire.
The Fire Department responded to a small fire in the 1800 block of Claudia Circle.
When fire personnel arrived at the residence, they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the kitchen and out of the carport.
Fourteen firefighters responded to the scene and were able to extinguish the fire quickly.
First responders said that food that was left unattended caused nearly $20,000 dollars in damages.
No injuries were reported.