Man injured in kitchen fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Man injured in kitchen fire

A man was injured while trying to put out a fire at a house in East Albany A man was injured while trying to put out a fire at a house in East Albany
Julius Barber was cooking food at a house in the 1200 block of East Residence Avenue when the fire broke out. Julius Barber was cooking food at a house in the 1200 block of East Residence Avenue when the fire broke out.
Lawanda Cook saw the flames and brought flour from her kitchen to help put out the fire. Lawanda Cook saw the flames and brought flour from her kitchen to help put out the fire.
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A man in East Albany was burned while trying to put out a grease fire.

Albany firefighters say Julius Barber was cooking food at a house in the 1200 block of East Residence Avenue when the fire broke out.

Barber's neighbor, Lawanda Cook saw the flames and brought flour from her kitchen to help put out the fire.

"I felt as though if they didn't contain it, then it would take up the whole house. Because it was serious.  For him to get burnt the way he did, yes that was a pretty bad fire in the kitchen," said Cook.

Barber was treated at the hospital for burns to his right arm and later released.

Firefighters say that the house mostly sustained smoke damage.

Copyright 2015 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly