Valdosta Vacant home fire blamed on electrical issue - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Valdosta Vacant home fire blamed on electrical issue

VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) -

Around 5:15 a.m. Monday, Valdosta firefighters responded to 142 Kinchen Ln. for a report of a structure fire. Firefighters saw heavy smoke and flames when they arrived, according to a press release from the Valdosta Fire Department.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire and no one was hurt. According to the release, the cause of the fire was determined to be "electrical in nature."

Damage was estimated at $6,700.

Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly