VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) - A weekend car fire in Valdosta had the Valdosta Fire Department reminding folks Monday about fireworks safety.
Around 5:30 Sunday evening, firefighters were called to a car fire at a home in the 500 block of Smith Dr. Investigators determined that someone had been shooting off fireworks in the area.
The fireworks caught some grass on fire and that fire melted part of the rear end of a minivan.
"When [children] get ready to use fireworks, we ask parents please supervise your child," emphasized Valdosta Fire Marshal Cpt. James Clinkscales. "The van had damage to the rear end and it also had damage to the inside passenger compartment."
No one was hurt and as of Monday no charges were expected.