FITZGERALD, GA (WALB) - A hibachi restaurant severely damaged from a grease fire reopened Tuesday, after three weeks of repairs.
The Hibachi Buffet on Ocilla Highway caught fire on Aug. 24 when a grease fire spread after a fryer was left on.
Firefighters were able to put out the flames in 10 minutes.
"I appreciate all the hard work from the fire department and finally we got back here and go back as a normal business," said the restaurant's owner, Steven Zheng.
He also said that being closed for three weeks was a hassle, but he's glad that his customers stuck with him and that he's back open for business.
But Zheng isn't the only one happy that the restaurant has reopened.
"We actually were excited for the restaurant to be opening back up. The Hibachi Buffet is probably the best bang for your buck in Fitzgerald," said customer Isaac McKinney.
Zheng says it was a lot emotionally to handle with no business coming in or out of the restaurant, but faith and support made it possible.
"We got everything back to normal as of right now. So we thank God and thanks for all the prayers and people around Fitzgerald. They are really nice and awesome," said Zheng.
He estimates the fire caused $80 thousand worth of damage to his restaurant.
Zheng, said they planned to have the rebuild complete in less than one month.