Bainbridge hero rescues family from fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Bainbridge hero rescues family from fire

Tchivosky Williams Tchivosky Williams
The home did not have a smoke detector. The home did not have a smoke detector.
Williams suffered a cut hand when he climbed through the back window he had to break, since the front of the house was full of thick smoke. Williams suffered a cut hand when he climbed through the back window he had to break, since the front of the house was full of thick smoke.
BAINBRIDGE, GA (WALB) -

A Bainbridge man is being called a hero after rescuing his girlfriend and her family from a house fire. 

The family of three were all asleep when Tchivosky Williams saw smoke coming from their home on Fourth Street this morning.

Williams noticed his girlfriend's home was on fire and his first thought was to get everyone out.

"I kept hearing baming noises like outside and then I heard a window break and I jumped up thinking someone was breaking in the house," said Deborah Harper.

To her surprise it was Williams, there to rescue her and two others from the burning home."And when he open the bedroom door that's really when it got worse because the hallway area was full of smoke," said Harper.

After pulling his girlfriend out the home, he went back through the front for her aunt and her boyfriend.

Williams suffered a cut hand when he climbed through the back window he had to break, since the front of the house was full of thick smoke. 

Harper said the toughest part was the timing of the fire, because they had recently moved in. Despite everything, she is just happy that everyone made it out alive.

The home did not have a smoke detector. If Williams had not been there at that time, they would not be alive.

Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly