A Valdosta restaurant remained closed Tuesday after a large fire in the restaurant's kitchen.
The fire department responded to the Beijing Cafe around 11:45 Monday morning for a grease fire that had gotten out of hand. There were only a few employees inside at the time and all got out safely.
Valdosta Fire Marshal, Cpt. James Clinkscales, said that as of Tuesday there were some things the fire department still had to do to the building before they could declare it safe to reopen.
"We have to have an engineer come in and make sure the suppression system is still active and is working. We have to make sure the duct work is operational," Cpt. Clinkscales explained.
Damage was estimated at $15,000.
Copyright 2015 WALB. All rights reserved.
Angel Thacker Freundschuh, 37, of Lee County, was sentenced to 12 months and a day in prison for perjury by U. S. District Court Judge Leslie J. Abrams in Albany, Wednesday.
Worth County Fire Rescue crews were called to the 500 block of Jewell Crowe Road for a structure fire, about 2:30 Wednesday afternoon.
As part of DNA week on Today in Georgia, WALB's Cade Fowler reveals his genetic findings and some tips on how to track down your ancestors.
Dougherty County Schools Superintendent Kenneth Dyer is preparing for his first school year in his new role.
Lee County leaders installed new public bathrooms on Jordan Road.