Another food fire damages kitchen - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Another food fire damages kitchen

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

 An Albany family of five is displaced from their home, after a fire Sunday night.

Emmanuel Ross suffered burns on his hands fighting the kitchen blaze in a duplex in the 2300 block of Jim Stokes Court. 

Firefighters say about 8:00PM. Ross got distracted by his children, and left food cooking on the stove.
     
When he spotted the fire, he tried to put it out with salt, which only intensified it.
     
Ross was treated by EMS at the scene.

The American Red Cross is helping the family who had to move out because of the fire and smoke damage.

Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly