Man loses all in overnight fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Man loses all in overnight fire

Johnny Williams got out with his life, and not much more Johnny Williams got out with his life, and not much more
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Johnny Williams is looking for a new place to live, after an overnight fire destroyed nearly everything he owned.

The "A" side of the duplex he lived in at 1317 East Society burned last night, and the flames ignited his side of the structure, causing a near total loss.

Williams was able to get out of the home, and grabbed a few belongings, but the rest of his possessions were consumed in the blaze.

The family who lived in the "A" side of the duplex had just moved out, and neighbors we spoke with Wednesday morning said the fire seems "very suspicious."

The Albany Fire Department is investigating.

For now, the American Red Cross is helping Williams with lodging for the night, but future arrangements are unclear.

If you'd like to help, reach out to the Red Cross in Albany, at 500 Pine Avenue, Suite 104,  phone (229) 436-4845.

Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly