Worker injured by electric shock - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Worker injured by electric shock

It happened around 11 a.m. Tuesday in Leesburg while some workers were moving a large electric welding machine. It happened around 11 a.m. Tuesday in Leesburg while some workers were moving a large electric welding machine.
The family asked everyone to pray for Cody. The family asked everyone to pray for Cody.
LEESBURG, GA (WALB) -

A man was listed in critical condition after he was shocked while working.

It happened around 11 a.m. Tuesday in Leesburg while some workers were moving a large electric welding machine.

Officials said the machine tipped over during the move, and trapped one man, identified as 22-year-old Cody Dooling.

He was trapped for several seconds and shocked with 240 volts of electricity before the other workers could free him.

Dooling was taken to Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in critical condition. A family spokesperson said he had to be revived several times.

"I know they have him in hypothermia right now. [We're] waiting 16 hours. [It'll] be 16 hours before there will be another evaluation and maybe we will know a little more then," said Dooling's uncle Larry Barricklow.

The family thanked EMS workers and hospital staff for their quick response, and asked everyone to pray for Cody.

Copyright 2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly