Dryer fire causes damage at health care facility - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Dryer fire causes damage at health care facility

VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) -

Laundry which overheated in a commercial dryer caused about $1,500 worth of damage at Pruitt Health at Crestwood at 415 Pendleton Place on Sunday about 6:30.

VFD Captain James Clinkscales said that fire personnel responded to a structure fire with sprinkler activation, and the small laundry room fire was extinguished by the sprinkler system. Fire crews assisted with the evacuation and water removal.

Fourteen firefighters responded to the scene and were able to control the incident quickly, and no one in the facility was displaced by this incident, and no injuries were reported. 

Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly