ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Firefighters are once again thanking working sprinklers after a morning fire. The fire broke out in the old Jamison bedding building around 9 o'clock Monday morning.
Firefighters believe rolled up cardboard spontaneously caught fire. Luckily, the emergency sprinkler system controlled the blaze.
"We laid our inch and three-quarter attack line and went in and knocked the fire down, had the fire under control in about 8 minutes of arrival," said Battalion Chief Keith Ambrose with the Albany Fire Department.
Battalion Chief Ambrose says 3 rolls of cardboard burned in the fire.