Family home loss blamed on incense - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Family home loss blamed on incense

Charles Plummer Charles Plummer
ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An East Albany family of nine brothers and sisters is saddened by the loss of the home where they grew up.

The home in the one thousand block of Inverness Road burned about 8:45 Monday night.

Firefighters say Tuck Plummer, who lived there, left incense burning in the living room, and that sparked the blaze.

One of the brothers, Charles Plummer, looked over the heavy damage while we were there Tuesday.

"The kitchen is burnt. The appliances in there are melted. The living room, all the memories you can't replace. The pictures and stuff, all that's gone," said Charles Plummer.

Plummer says the family will get together to decide what to do to repair the home.

Fire officials estimate damage at more than $23,000.



Copyright  2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly