Fire breaks out in Albany duplex - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fire breaks out in Albany duplex

A fire broke out earlier Sunday morning at a duplex on West Residence Avenue. 

Witnesses say the mother of the home was woken up by the smoke detector in the home early this morning, around 6 this morning. 

She notice there was a fire in a room they use for storage.

Fire fighters say it was because an electrical shortage from an extension cord in the room.

Witnesses say the husband and wife fought the fire. The wife injured her hand trying to take out the blaze.

They first try to take out the blaze by using the bath water from a bathtub. 

Then broke out a window of the room and tried using the back yard hose before Albany Fire Department arrived to the scene.

Fire fighters estimate there are $10,000 to $12,000  worth of damage in the house.

Copyright 2015 WALB.  All rights reserved.


Powered by Frankly